Sunday, November 18, 2012

The fall of childrens' tv shows

Hey moms and dads! Haven't you ever wondered what your kids are getting exposed to on TV? Just think about how much crap they're being fed. I am not a mother yet but I do plan on having a collection of former kids shows aired in the 1990s and early 2000s to show my kids in their developing years. Let's have a look at what's in store for this generation, shall we?

  • Yo Gabba Gabba!
For some reason, it happens to attract children but when you see for yourself what it contains, you might end up thinking whether or not the creator was high on drugs or something.

  • Back at the Barnyard
I'm not sure if you want your kids watching some ring-leader cow persuade everyone to perform mischievous tasks and in the end find their way out of it without the truth coming out. With this embedded in their minds, they may or may not realise that the next time they decide to go one way or another, it might be something that would be regretful and probably too late.
  • Lazy Town
I don't know about you but the guy is freaking creepy, just the way he looks says it all. There is nothing appealing in this show and your kids won't learn anything other than to be big-headed, but if that's what you want then by all means go right ahead.
  • Shake it up!
Sure it's nice to have some fashion idols but to the point that the idols don't even know how to bring a point and ending up to rely on exaggerated facial expressions is not a practice that they should do. They may end up doing exactly what their idols in this show do that in the end they grow up without having to realise how it's unacceptable at certain engagements in the future.
  • Sonny with a chance
When I was channel surfing 2 summers ago, I had to stop at Disney of course to see what's on because I usually watched cartoons from there or on Nickelodeon. However, this show came up and I saw Demi and thought oh Camp Rock, I was able to tolerate that, so I was willing to give it a shot. 3-5 minutes later I immediately switch the channel to Nick, not because my fave show there was on but because the show there was much more tolerable than watching Demi act even more shallow than on Camp Rock.
  • Goodluck Charlie
Same with "Sonny with a chance". I saw this show and noticed that Bridgit Mendler was on it and I thought she was good on The Clique. But I couldn't stay on the channel whenever this show was on because the acting was stupid which made the story boring.

You know what would be nice? If we could just speak up and start spreading the word about how much the entertainment industry has gone down in producing worthless children's tv shows since the early 2000s. Help us to help you. Follow us on facebook or on twitter and share our posts to your friends and families. You'll never know, we just might get what we need to get the kids of this and the future's generation back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment